How to get your Vaccine
It’s easier than ever to get your COVID-19 “Shot of Hope.” Just click, call or walk-in!
- CLICK: Just click HelpVaccinatePA Online Registration and complete the questionnaire. Then schedule your appointment online!
- CALL: Just call us at 717-588-1020 and one of our specialists will get you registered and will schedule you for your appointment. If you need to schedule your second shot, call 717-588-1026.
- WALK-IN: Change to read: .
NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- If you have an allergy to PEG or Polysorbate, please check with your doctor before registering for a COVID-19 vaccine. Click here for CDC information on potential allergic reactions to the vaccine.
- If you have recently tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently in active isolation, please do not register for the vaccine until at least 10 days following the onset of symptoms.
- If you have received a first-dose vaccine at another location, you cannot receive your second-dose vaccine at the Lancaster County Community Vaccination Center. Please return to the site of your first-dose vaccine to receive your second dose.
- If you receive your first-dose vaccine at Lancaster County Community Vaccination Center, you must receive your second-dose vaccine at the Lancaster County Community Vaccination Center. Scheduling for second-dose vaccine can be done online or by phone. See below for details.
- If you have scheduled your second vaccine appointment, please bring your vaccine card for the second dose so it can be completed with second dose vaccine information.
GETTING YOUR SECOND SHOT:
Currently, the Lancaster County Community Vaccination Center is administering vaccines that require two doses. This means you will need to return to the center to get your second shot.
You will receive an invitation to schedule your second-dose vaccine shortly after receiving your first dose. You will be notified by email, if we have an email on file for you. If we do not have an email on file, we will call you. If you are unable to schedule your second-dose appointment, please call 717-588-1026, and one of our specialists will assist you.
Pfizer Second Doses: If you were scheduled for a second-dose Pfizer vaccine within 28 days of your first shot, you do not need to reschedule an earlier appointment. The manufacturer has indicated that it is safe and effective to receive your second shot anywhere from 21 days to 42 days after your first shot. If you choose to cancel your appointment in order to reschedule, we cannot guarantee that an earlier appointment will be available. Vaccine supplies across Pennsylvania and the nation continue to increase. If you have questions or require assistance, please call our call center team.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing (short sleeves, etc.) that allows easy access to the upper arm.
- If you use mobility-assistive devices, please bring them with you to your appointment.
- Please arrive no more than 20 minutes prior to your appointment.